Thursday, November 17, 2011
Management
On Monday in class we did an activity that split us into groups. This activity gave management much of the power, or so they thought. Being in the middle level group for this activity made me aware of what was really happening. The top managers thought they had the upper hand with information, but when the company came down to speak with the bottom level employees they quickly lost their upperhand. The workers under me realized that they could sell their slogans directly to the company, and take the entire profit, rather than going through two levels of managment with their ideas and splitting the profits. I urged them to play fair but told them that the decision was ultimately theirs. Management was unorganized in their attempts to get the slogans in time so my workers took matters into their own hands and took the direct profit. They also split some of this with me. I am interested to see how we debrief this activity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I noticed how the bottom group was doing that. I think it was a little unfair but, on the other hand, who can blame them? They found a way to maximize their profits even though it involved a little foul play. The whole exercise just didn't work out the way I think it was supposed to.
ReplyDeleteyeah I don't quite know how it was exactly supposed to work out but it definitely got exciting in the end that's for sure. I'm sure Goates will have tons of ob topics to through at us and probably the top group will take the blunt of the criticism for the exercise
ReplyDelete