I also was reminded yesterday how frustrating it can be to work in groups. Coordinating schedules and relying on others are both difficult concepts to grasp. However because the class is organizational behavior I am taking this whole experience as a life lesson. Ironically the topic I was focusing on yesterday was communication in organizational behavior.
"Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
Vince Lombardi
"Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
Vince Lombardi
Working in groups can be both stressful and rewarding. It is really annoying to have to try to find a good time that works for five different people when it's pretty hard to do that with just one other person. However, the class is about organizational behavior, and what better way to find out about them from being in groups, or "teams" if you can accomplish that?
ReplyDeleteI agree with you that working in teams can be a hard thing to do. Personally I don't like working in teams. Its too hard to find times, and I don't like trusting other people to do work that I know I can do a good job at. However, like Maggi said, this class is organizational behavior and while we didn't sign up for a life lesson I think that we are going to get one regardless.
ReplyDeleteI also agree that working in groups can be hard at times especially in groups that we did not choose. Sometimes it make me slightly awkward at first to coordinate and discuss how we will meet and decide certain aspects of the project. I feel like my group has become more comfortable withe each other and i think we will work well together for this project. I also feel like we will learn from this and it will help us in the real world when we need to work with our coworkers. This is the perfect opportunity for a practice round! :)
ReplyDelete